Sunday, August 07, 2005

Finally!

I got our pics on the site. After way too many hours of work. I'm not sure how others change their blogs, but from what I can tell, they mess with the HTML of the blog, and though I'm familiar with HTML, it's been years since I've used it, and I'm not familiar with how to change other people's HTML, just make my own.

So I tried to get pictures up using HelloBloggerBot or whatever it is. And I downloaded Picasa and it supposedly will sort through all your pics. Well, the 7 pics that I created specifically for this blog (scanned and sized on my own) were in a folder called "Blog." It scanned all 7, but only 3 showed up as being in that folder. I tried to import the rest, but it would say they were already there, so I'd search for them by name, and of course they weren't. I re-installed the software. I moved the pics, I tried everything. I finally gave up after too many hours.

So today I decided to upload the pictures to my yahoo page and just html the pics into my description in my profile. So there you go!

I forgot how much I enjoy playing with my Graphic Design software, though. Making logos and t-shirts and such has been as much fun as it has been frustrating. That's what I like about design work. If I could find enough free-lance in the area to make it worthwhile, I wouldn't mind doing it as a job. But I still want that kiln... ;)

I had Boom chop my hair today. It's very short now. I'm not sure if it's ever been this short before, but it's not too bad, and it will grow out if I don't like it.

We'll be eating s'mores over a fire tonight, first pit fire since moving here. I miss fires...so does Boom. But hopefully we'll get our yard figured out soon enough and have a permanent place for a good fire.

Well, that's about it. I've spent too much time on here the last few days, and I need off. Till tomorrow.

No comments: