Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hmm. Day 3.

Again in bed last night I thought of a spelling error, but I'll leave it be. I think I spelled rune ruin, though I'm too lazy even to check right now.

Well, the lawyer still hasn't gotten back, though I have been on the net on and off all day looking for a particular kind of artwork. I really wish I could draw worth squat. I can copy images, I can draw a still object (except people, that's a little harder), and I can manipulate photos like you wouldn't believe, but I can't for the life of me get what's in my head onto a piece of paper. I can sculpt, thought not people (yet.) But I can't draw. *sigh*

But the lawyer I have a feeling will drive us nuts. We chose him because a)He's the husband of a friend's friend, b)he shares our faith so we thought we'd support his business, and c)he was the closest lawyer and we don't know any others so we'd basically be picking one by random. But now I wish we hadn't, because he's our neighbor and if things go sour that could be rather awkward. Basically, what happened is that we just received a notice that we have back taxes due from 2003 on the house. Taxes that the previous owners should have paid. Taxes that the lawyer should have found when he did the title search. Taxes that need to be paid and we don't have the money and our lawyer hasn't got back since a week ago when we told him, so we assume he must have made a mistake and the taxes were on the title search but he missed it, but he doesn't want to pay so he's trying to track down the previous owners. Good luck...and in the meantime it's our butt that sits in the frying pan.

Not much else happened today, so I'll actually take the time to do a spell check on this thing.

Oh, I forgot to add that I should have just combined the sweet & sour cherries for two pies, and I think it would have tasted fine. But the neighbor lady was insistent that I should find a recipe that specified dark sweet cherries. Oh, well. Next time.

No comments: