Friday, July 15, 2005

A Good Day

Today I woke up happy, and relaxed. It wasn't too hot today, and there was a really nice breeze. The only slightly annoying thing that happened was trying to think of something to make out of polymer clay for the white elephant auction at the reunion next weekend. So when I came up with my idea at during lunch, all was well.

We ate pancakes for breakfast, on the electric skillet. I can't believe I almost gave that thing away! (Good call, Boom!) If I had known how perfect I could make pancakes on that thing I would've began years ago, let me tell you! I used to use a square skillet pan that was so old it was warped and you had to keep rotating the pan to try to get the pancakes done right. Cooking on gas most of my married life I always had pancakes that were done on one half but not the other, which make flipping them most difficult and usually very messy. We often had pancake goo instead.

After lunch I went outside with the kids while Boom sat and relaxed in front of the toob (falling asleep a little.) We just sat on the swing and I almost felt guilty for enjoying doing absolutely nothing on this perfect summer day! We swung and we swang, and we swung some more.

Then I decided to go to the store last minute because a month ago I bought Boom some more underwear (he's very specific about brand and type) and it wasn't the right kind, though I know I looked hard for the normal kind. So when I looked it up on the net, and he was right that it wasn't a change in the normal (you know how sometimes something you love gets changed and there's nothing you can do about it...) but that somehow I missed the usual, I decided I couldn't let him go another day without. (I know I'd hate it if I had been doing with less-than-the-best for awhile)

So I took a shower and we left, promising the kids (or rather, Pumpkin, Rugger doesn't understand yet) a trip to the playground on the way back. And, I told myself I'd get something that me and Boom could enjoy, since I haven't been into Victoria's Secrets since early in our marriage, and I figured Walmart would have something for much cheaper.

Anyway, I soon found out why I couldn't find Boom's favorite undies. I still couldn't find them, and after at least 15 minutes, I finally was going to try another brand that I knew was the same style, and see if it would work. And then I noticed that all the brands began again, and there were tons of his favorites - at the end of the shelf!

So, then it was my turn to look for me...and I absolutely hate shopping for myself since I can't ever find what I want, and when I find something I think might work, it doesn't fit. And once again, I wasn't let down and spent way too much time in the dressing rooms. I had been hoping for a teddy type thing, but I settled for something else and finally got on our way to the playground.

On the drive home I saw three young ladies in a car obviously headed out for a girls' night out. I did envy them. I miss starting my evening at 7, having dinner and then going to the mall or a movie, or just staying up late gabbing. I miss shopping without someone tugging on my leg or trying on clothes while someone's eating my wallet and its contents.

Maybe someday here I will go to Victoria's and find something truly nice, but I can guarantee you I won't be talking anyone under 20 in there with me! Somehow dragging toddlers into a lingerie shop kind of kills the mood, know what I mean?

Anyway, all's well that ends well, I suppose. Boom has his unmentionables in time for the zoo tomorrow. I enjoyed a day off, basically, and life is good for the moment. And I must try to live there. So, good night, and farewell. We live to see another day.



P.S. I just noticed that the times have been wrong when I post...until now, since I changed it. Ignore those other times just in case you didn't and thought they were right. I'll try to remember from now on to change it.

No comments: