Monday, September 19, 2005

My Daughter, The Doctor

Pumpkin is at that adorable stage where cute things come out of her mouth at random moments, and if you don't catch it, you're missing comedy that ranks right up their with the best of them.

Today she was playing doctor. At times she's the patient, like the other night when driving home from church and she tells me she's not feeling well. I ask her what hurts and she tells me, "The apple in my tummy." Now, being the good mother I am, I did not feed her any healthy apples that day, or any day near that day, and so I ask, "You ate an apple, did you?" She says, "Yes, a red apple. And a green apple." Then she tells me her own advice for the malady: "I think I need to sleep, rest, and watch T.V."

Or on Saturday, when she told me she couldn't eat the blueberry in her pancake (homemade whole wheat with banana and fresh blueberries...see, I'm not always a bad mom!) because, "I think it will make me sick." I couldn't help it, I smiled at the little stinker.

But today, she was the doctor. And Rugger was the patient. As she "examined" him with a headband/stethoscope, she okayed his forehead, his back, and his tummy. But I had to laugh when he bent over and she placed the instrument on his little behind, then proclaimed, "Your butt, is fine." in the most serious of voices a little almost 3 year old can muster.

It's moments like these that keep me going...:)

No comments: